My story to Holistic Healing
A little about me, Winslow
- I am a Mother
- I am a Yoga instructor with Hatha Certification from Nepal.
- I am a Mountain Guide who has guided climbs on/in: Nepal, Antarctica, Mongolia, Denali, Aconcagua, the Cascades, and Utah
- I am Certified Yoga Health Coach in the habits of Ayurveda
- I am a Professional Leadership Coach
- I am Enthusiastic and a Creative Soul
What I believe
I believe we are all connected. Likewise, we exist as different expressions of one big energy. Also, I think that we are all unique with our own set of experiences, perspectives, and tools to offer the world. Furthermore, we are all amazing, beautiful, and powerful. That is why I love to help creative people harness their own power to create in this world.
My journey to Holistic Health
When I was 20 and decided not to go on the medical school path and instead pursue a career in the outdoors, it was surely a turning point for me. And after 8 years in Wilderness therapy, I asked myself what would be the coolest thing to do I could imagine, then I went for it. A few years later, I was mountain guiding in the Cascades.
What I didn’ttell you is, in those 8 years on Wilderness I learned a lot about myself. I faced a lot of things that were uncomfortable like my own lack of self-worth, unheard emotions/fears, seeing my deep-seated beliefs eye to eye, and the like. It was a powerful learning experience.
After a decade, I added Yoga into the mix, as I had wrecked my body and couldn’t move my back. Later, I became an instructor participating in a comprehensive month-long training in Nepal that was so powerful and transformative.
Another turning point for me was when I had my son. Wow Oh Wow. Whamo! It hit me like a ton of bricks. Clearly, I was now responsible for this little being who was picking up on my energy, my thoughts, my insecurities or securities, and on and on.
A deep desire to be a better person awoke within me.
Shortly after, I was sick of suffering, and I set on a mission to heal my body of joint pain. Therefore, I studied Ayurveda habits and began teaching courses. I changed my world. Yes, it was bumpy and yet worth every challenge.
Most recently, I am getting certified as a Professional Leadership Coach. Which is blowing my mind. It is so cool to see people in their highest light and watch them do incredible things. Coaching is about drawing wisdom, creativity, and power from others so they realize their dreams and how to manifest them.
Undoubtedly, some of my best learning in life has come from studying my own mind, body, and emotions.
Surely, I am a student of life and plan on taking many more courses, reading more books, meditating for deep connection, and exploring my own inner wisdom.
Most of all, I believe my most valuable wisdom I have to offer comes from all of my experiences leading up to now. All I have done and become. And I don’t even strive to always share that, because more importantly, I seek to teach others how to find the path into their own learning by paying attention, feeling, exploring, playing, and being present. I teach others to Trust themselves and see their own beauty and power.
I’m a Holistic Coach – Here’s What Makes Me Unique
- Ok, I am a bit of a hippy at heart.
- I am a 7 on the Enneagram if you know about that fun tool, which means that I like to create and play.
- Most definitely, I am happiest outside exploring and moving all around.
- Admittedly, I change quickly.
- I like to create.
- My strongest element is Air, followed by Fire in the Ayurveda system which means I change quickly, run dry, get cold easily, am spontaneous, and absorb information quickly.
But here the Top 3 awesome odd things about me:
- Firstly, I do yoga anytime I sit still. If I am waiting for my son to come out of school, I pop out on the sunny grass and lay down in a pigeon pose. I don’t know why everyone isn’t doing it, but it seems I am the only one. I do yoga when I hang out with friends. I like to just stretch around, or sit on the floor and touch my toes. It seems normal to me. I suppose I look odd? You can let me know. Learn More About Holistitc Healing
But hey, if I can be myself, then so can you. What would you do if you didn’t worry about being judged by others?
2. Secondly, I secretly think skiing and camping are more important than school. I would take my son out in a minute to go do a week-long trip somewhere cool in the desert or mountains backpacking or canyoneering.
3. Thirdly, I am spontaneous. I get anxious around planning because I don’t want to be tied down.
I am unique around Foods:
Click If you’re interested in learning more about Holistic Diet
- I take food everywhere I go. I don’t have a problem pulling out my own food at the airport, ski resort, at the park, or elsewhere.
- I eat some wild things. If is is good for me, I will eat it. Health is my highest value.
- I create with food. I just make things up. I make new sauces and dishes all the time.
- I seem to not be able to really follow a recipe, I always do something different.
- I eat mostly fruits, veggies, and potatoes.
- I drink lemon water, celery juice, and 3 cups of smoothie for breakfast.
- I dehydrate my own camping meals.
- I make my own green powder from weeds in my garden
- I drink power foods like spirulina, barley grass juice powder, Chaga mushroom, and dulse every morning in my smoothie.
My thoughts are different too:
I use to have lots of thoughts that did not serve me. Interestingly, now I choose my thoughts more carefully. Here is what I choose to think now:
- I am whole
- I am strong
- I am so grateful
- I can heal my body
- My body is a powerful healing machine
In fact, I have no ACL in my left knee and no cartilage, and I tell myself everyday that my knee is well and that I can heal my knee. That is my new story, as the old now about needing a knee replacement was not serving me.
Oh yeah, and I should let you know,
I think anything is possible.
You may say I am a dreamer. Most definitely, this is true. I think we can heal anything, be anything, and create anything. Undoubtedly, I am still figuring out how to do this better all the time.
Mostly, what I want is to help cool amazing people figure out how to be more of who they are with all their uniqueness and weirdness. When you embrace who you are, then that lights me up.
Personally, I think it makes the world a better place when you are being you, instead of trying to please others or fit into what you think others want you to be.
So that’s me!
By the way, I don’t expect anyone to be like me. On the contrary, I want you to be you!
I would love to know what is unique and weird about YOU?