The First Habit that I teach in my Ayurveda Course called Higher Health is this:
You can probably guess why this is so important. Stress kills. Therefore, you have likely heard of many of the negative effects of stress on your life’s quality and longevity. We have all experienced some of the negative effects of stress in our own bodies, relationships, and souls.
If you go to an Ayurveda Doctor
about an issue that is not an emergency they will likely say, let us focus on:
- Lowering stress &
- Getting in sync with natures rhythms – with sleep, food, exercise and coming to know your body type
Then come back in a few months and we will see how your body has healed itself. Most excitingly, you will see that your body is a powerful healing machine!
Here are some of the things we know about stress:
- We are only supposed to experience it when there is a real emergency like the lion chasing you or the car on your leg.
- Constant stress has many negative health consequences like:
- weight gain
- hormone/adrenal problems
- heart problems
- auto immune disorders
- hyper tension/high blood pressure
- poor concentration
- You Name It!
- Reducing stress feels better and works better
- We are more relaxed
- We communicate more calmly
- We sleep better
- Our bodies heal themselves
- We are more efficient and focused
- Relationships improve
- Our bodies can achieve their ideal body weight
When I began to increase my awareness around my body and mind, I realized that I was always in a state of anxiety and overwhelm.
This was because I was focusing on the future, trying to do more and more. Furthermore, it was really challenging for me to be present in the moment. I wanted to keep moving to the next thing. I would work up until the last minute of every day. Rushing around and not being able to slow down where the norm. I judged my husband Todd for taking a break or relaxing. In addition, worry and drama filled my everyday stories.
Rushing around and not being able to slow down where the norm. I judged my husband Todd for taking a break or relaxing. In addition, worry and drama filled my everyday stories.
From the outside, I don’t think this was really that obvious to others. Conversely, now I feel so relaxed and calm. Most importantly, I have great tools to shift out of the stress, overwhelm, worry and into an open-hearted space of love.
I have several blogs below to help you shift out of the stress response the moment you recognize it. First, you have to recognize it!
Signs you are in a Stress Response:
- Tightness in your body -back, belly, shoulders, hip flexors, etc (where do you hold it?)
- Shoulders raised and/or forward
- Chin forward
- Teeth clinched
- Brow furrowed (causes wrinkles too)
- Lips tightened (wrinkles around the mouth)
- Banging something
- Dropping things
- Hitting something
- Anger, Frustration
- Any negative emotions
Blogs to help you lower stress and increase your mindfulness!
Look here for Tips to Brighten your day and Lower Stress
Look here to Shift your Perspective of Time and slow things way down!
Read here about Meditation
Or here on Moving from Overwhelm to Ease
Another great one – Mindfulness in everyday activities
I like writing about this topic obviously as it has made such a big difference in my life!
Special Offer for You!
30% Higher Health online course if you register by August 31st!
Check out the course HERE!
Firstly, I am giving away right now to you a Free Strategy Session which is a conversation to figure out where you are and where you want to be. We explore what is standing in your way and how to move beyond it. This is a beautiful opportunity not to miss. In addition, we can see if you are a good fit for this program and it a good fit for you. No obligation! Most reassuringly, the program has a money back guarantee!
Schedule a call here! or email me!
Soul Sister Retreat
We are absolutely going to have a blast on this weekend retreat that includes Yoga, Hiking, Meditation, Art and Powerful workshops! Click here to learn more!
September 15-17th, 2017
October 13-15th, 2017
April 20-22nd, 2018
Please leave a comment or send me an email. I really want to hear from you!
Smoothie of the Week:
- Dandelion greens (great for detoxing your liver), you can substitute any greens
- Peach and/or nectarine
- Ginger root
- Turmeric root
- Cilantro, Basil, and Parsley – if you like a little fun kick and burst of flavors add these (optional)
- Blend and Enjoy!