Ayurvedic habits that kickstart your morning!!!
Vibrant Health Evolution’s – Vibrant Morning Routine
Are You Adventurous? Do you love your morning?
Find a lightness and freedom in your life by having good routines that support your health. I have been guiding & teaching yoga for a long time, and I always wanted to have a daily meditation & yoga practice. I just never seemed to make it a habit, and I was trying all day to squeeze it in. Now, since I have learned the habits of Ayurveda, I love my morning routine! It rocks!!!! It makes my whole life work better!!! I want to share it with you! Do you want to be the best self that you can be? If you want a guide to help you get to the summit of this journey, then let’s talk! Most of all, I inspire people to new levels of health, awareness, and joy! We are truly unlimited!!
A good morning routine starts by getting to sleep early the night before, that means having an earlier light dinner, getting to sleep early, and sleeping well 7.5-8.5hr. Without adequate sleep and healthy habits, you set yourself up for disease, an autoimmune disorder, depression, weight gain, grumpiness, heart problems, etc. The list is ongoing.
So tonight set out your workout clothes, yoga mat or shoes. Create a plan! Follow through!!!
Habit Change Tips:
- Start small – make it so easy you can’t say no. Ex.) Can you spare 2 minutes a day? Then time is no longer an excuse. Start with 1 minute of mediation and 1-minute workout. Get the routine in there. You can expand on it at any time. Just get it going!!! Work up to 20 minutes.
- Make a plan and commit!! – Once your plan is in place then just do it! Put your shoes on and get out the door or park your butt for a moment of breathing. Follow your plan.
- Have a trigger! This is a specific time, place, person, emotion or event that signals you to do the habit. i.e.) after I brush my teeth, I floss. You can set an alarm, put up a note, and tell others so you have some accountability.
Vibrant Morning Routine
- Get to sleep before 10 pm. Seriously! Sleep before midnight is worth double!!! Ayurveda says there are no night owls, only people who are out of sync. Shifting can be hard, so start small. Get to sleep 15 minutes earlier tonight. That means moving up your dinner time up too!
- Breath & Gratitude: When you first wake up feel into your body and see what is present in this moment without judgment, just take notice. Breath well, and then set your mind toward gratitude. Start with your toes and work up giving gratitude for your whole body. How about your warm bed, your home, all the wonderful people, things, etc in your life?
- Scrap your tongue! Use a metal tongue scraper & get the gunk off! Your tongue will tell you your health. A thick white coating means a build-up of toxins. Learn more about it in my Higher Health Course. This is a bonus habit once you get the following ones dialed!
- Drink 1 – 1.5 liters of warm water. This will help rehydrate you from the night, & flush out your colon. You should poop within 5-10 min. If not, drink more water. Work up to this amount. Start with one cup! Look for 18 inches of poop for full elimination. Ideal consistency is of a soft banana. It will help your whole day if you have full elimination first thing! Otherwise, your body will reabsorb toxins throughout the day.
- Meditate – I never thought I would like it, and now I LOVE IT!!! You will too, just stick with it! Sit in Silence. Just feel what is present in this moment! Acknowledge whatever is there without judgment. Then tap into a deeper sense of joy and bliss that resides within you. Read this blog: http://vibranthealthevolution.com/meditation/
- Move!! 20 minutes of movement first thing in the morning will boost your energy & metabolism for the whole day!!!! Yoga, weights, walking, cardio – rotate your workouts!!! Just get moving. Start small with a 1- 3 min workout. Make it so easy you can’t say no. If you only have to do 1 min of meditation, and 1 minute of jumping jacks or sun salutations. Everyone can carve out 3 minutes for self-care! Get the place marker in there and you can expand on it later!
- Drink a smoothie! Room temperature or slightly warm in the winter. Cold is contracting and shocking on the body. Formula: Greens, Fruit, & Water!!!
- Eat a healthy breakfast with lots of healthy fat (clarified butter, coconut oil, olive oil, sprouted nuts and seeds, and avocados are great sources)! Eggs & Veggies are my favorite!!! Sometimes I enjoy stir fry veggies or soup. Meat without hormones or antibiotics is good too!
Smoothie Recipe #1: Pomegranate Orange Crush
- 1/2 Pomegranate
- 2 Oranges
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 2 big handfuls of Greens (rotate through different greens)
- 4 dates
- Blend and enjoy!!! Take one to work!
Smoothie Recipe #2: Blueberry Pineapple Delight
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 -2 cups of pineapple
- Greens – 2 big handfuls
- cilantro, basil, and parsley can be added as well
- ginger root – washed (no need to peel)
- turmeric root – washed (no need to peel)
- dates to sweeten if needed
- chia, flax and hemp seeds can be added as well (soak for 4 hours first)